It might be that there is something in the network which is preventing ZenMate from working properly. Please follow our step by step troubleshooting guide:
- Make sure you don't have general connection issues.
You have to be connected to the internet to activate/sign in to the ZenMate Extension. If your connection is unstable, please try again later.
- Update ZenMate and the Browser.
Older versions may cause compatibility issues. You can easily update your ZenMate via your ZenMate dashboard.
- Turn off web filter, antivirus/firewall and other proxy/VPNs
ZenMate does not work properly behind some web filters or other Proxies/VPNs. If you are using ZenMate at your workplace or school, it might be that they have a general filter. Try again while connected to another unrestricted network to test if this is the cause of your troubles.
It also sometimes happens that Antiviruses and web filters conflict with ZenMate. Try turning your Antivirus/Firewall off.
If the problem is due to a conflicting security software, please contact ZenMate Support for more info and possible workarounds.
- Reinstall the ZenMate Extension
Remove ZenMate from your browser in the extension/add-on section of your browser settings. Simply click on the little trash can symbol next to the ZenMate extension. Now you download the plugin again directly from the ZenMate Homepage.
- Add a new browser profile/user and install ZenMate
For Firefox: You can find a description how to add a new user profile to Firefox here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles
For Chrome: You add a new Chrome user profile to your browser in your browser settings: chrome://settings/
Click on "Add new User". After this, a window for a new Chrome user opens.
- Get in touch with ZenMate Support
For quicker and more precise support, please include the following information:
- Which steps you tried so far
- Which country you are connecting from
- Which Antivirus and ISP you are using
- Which browser you are using
- A screenshot of your error screen
Also see: Chrome error: 'ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR'