If you want to completely remove ZenMate from your computer, or you are experiencing issues with the Desktop Client for Windows and the troubleshooting wasn't enough, a completely fresh install should help. This might look like something difficult to do but if you follow step by step you will be able to get through it easily.
- Logout from the ZenMate Windows client.
- Close the ZenMate Windows client.
- Make sure there aren't any ZenMate tasks running in the background in Task Manager
- Remove ZenMate.bat from your startup items: C:\Users<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Uninstall ZenMate: Settings -> Apps -> Click on ZenMate -> Uninstall
- Delete the IsolatedStorage folder: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local
- Delete the ZenMate folder: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local
- Delete SquirrelTemp folder: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local
- Delete ZenMate folder: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming
- Delete all ZenMate related entries on the Registry.
- Press Win+R to open the Run window.
- Type Regedit and press OK
- The Registry will now be open. Scroll to the top of the left side of the window and click the word Computer (by selecting Computer, you ensure that your search starts at the beginning of the Registry).
- Press Ctrl+F. A new window with the search option will open.
- Enter "zenmate" and click the Find Next button.
- Review the keys or values that appear and delete all the ones that mention ZenMate.
- Make sure you delete all ZenMate entries on this two keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\ and
- Re-install [ZenMate for Windows](https://zenmate-windows-update.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/setup.exe)
- Restart your device.
If this article didn't help you and you need further support, please Contact us.